The two Britons will battle for the right to become the first ever four-belt heavyweight king in the same country where Joshua recaptured the WBA, WBO and IBF titles in a 2019 rematch with Andy Ruiz.
Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn said on Tuesday the location was a “very bad secret” before saying it will take place on either August 7 or August 14.
Frank Warren, Fury’s UK promoter, confirmed that it will be the latter but he adds the site agreement is yet to be secured.
“It definitely won’t be on August 7 because that’s when the Olympic games are on and that’s gonna be a problem for TV,” Warren told Talksport.
“Besides that, you’ve got a UFC PPV in the States and UK.
“I don’t think the date is the problem at all, I think everyone’s agreed that can be moved to August 14.”
Fury, who is unbeaten in 31 fights, has not fought since dethroning Deontay Wilder as WBC heavyweight champion in February last year in Las Vegas.
In a BBC podcast with Hearn, Fury said he would “cut Joshua down like a hot knife through cheese,” which sparked a war of words on Twitter with his rival.
Joshua wrote: “I’m tired. My fans are tired. Your fans are tired. We’re all tired of the talk. Less talk. More action!”
Fury replied with a picture of Joshua’s tweet as he said: “come get some then, you big ugly dosser????”
The reported site fee in Saudi Arabia is £150million but Warren says that deal isn’t sealed as Hearn suggested.
“It hasn’t been signed, I don’t know why he’s saying it has been signed,” Warren said.
“What we’re all trying to do is get this over the line, but the only way we’ll get it over the line is by the fighter, Tyson, getting certain assurances.
“If he gets them, he’ll put pen to paper, but as it is now, he’s waiting for the other side’s lawyers to confirm what he wants.
“It will be there [in Saudi Arabia] if the contract is signed, if Tyson’s wishes are met with what he wants to be assured.”