Only one team in the nation had a better roster building week than the Kentucky Wildcats, per Andy Katz of NCAA.com
In his weekly roster winner rankings, Kentucky ranked second after adding former Georgia Bulldogs point guard Sahvir Wheeler on Monday.
Wheeler averaged 14 points per game with 7.4 assists and 3.8 rebounds for the Bulldogs last season and will compete with incoming five-star freshman TyTy Washington for Kentucky’s starting point guard position.
While Wheeler is a solid addition, it’s hard to argue with Katz’ pick at No. 1.
Coming in ahead of the Wildcats was Milwaukee, who landed five-star prospect and the top ranked small forward in the nation Patrick Baldwin Jr., who opted to play for his father, Pat Baldwin, in the Horizon League.
Here is Katz’s full rankings:
- Milwaukee Panthers, Addition: Patrick Baldwin Jr. (five-star SF)
- Kentucky Wildcats, Addition: Sahvir Wheeler (Georgia transfer PG)
- Gonzaga Bulldogs, Addition: Nolan Hickman (four-star PG, former UK signee)
- Dayton Flyers, Addition: Kobe Ellis (DePaul transfer PG)
- Louisville Cardinals, Addition: Ross McMains Assistant Coach
- Seton Hall Pirates, Addition: Bryce Aiken to return
- Arizona State Sun Devils. Addition: Alonzo Gaffney (JUCO transfer SF)
- Arkansas Razorbacks, Addition: Jaxson Robinson (Texas A&M transfer PG)
- Memphis Tigers, Addition: N/A
- Texas A&M Aggies, Addition: N/A